In today’s increasingly digital healthcare landscape, data centers have emerged as critical partners for the healthcare industry. These facilities, such as the Hudson Interxchange (IX) NY data center at 60 Hudson Street in New York, provide the invisible infrastructure that supports stable and predictable environments for healthcare providers, doctors and care delivery systems.
Hudson IX’s 60 Hudson Street facility in New York empowers the healthcare industry by offering secure, reliable, and connected solutions to meet the industry’s unique needs.
The High Stakes of Healthcare Downtime
The dependence on digital technologies in healthcare means disruptions or downtime can have severe consequences. When servers shut down, electronic records become inaccessible, appointment scheduling is disrupted, patient records cannot be accessed, and payments cannot be processed.
Such downtime not only impacts patient safety, treatment, and customer service but also affects the reputation of hospitals and erodes trust among patients, their families, and the community. Thus, healthcare companies must work with data center operators like Hudson IX to establish resilient and redundant architectures to mitigate performance or security disruption risks.
Addressing Healthcare Data Breaches
Data breaches in healthcare have become a significant concern, with hospitals accounting for 30% of all critical data breaches. Since 2019, 51% of healthcare organizations have reported increased data breaches. The Ponemon Institute’s 2020 Cost of a Data Breach Report estimated the average cost of a healthcare data breach at $7.13 million. These alarming statistics highlight the urgent need for robust data security measures.
Hudson IX’s Support for Healthcare Companies
Hudson IX’s 60 Hudson Street Data Center in New York City is one of the world’s largest internet hubs and aggregation points. Leveraging this state-of-the-art facility, Hudson IX offers a range of benefits tailored to the unique requirements of the healthcare industry:
- Improved Data Accessibility: Hudson IX’s networked data center helps healthcare professionals store and access patient data and medical records. Healthcare personnel may access patient data faster and more reliably, improving decision-making and patient care.
- Enhanced Connectivity: As digital health technologies like telemedicine and remote monitoring gain traction, reliable and fast connectivity becomes indispensable for healthcare providers. Hudson IX’s 60 Hudson Street facility boasts the best-reported latency in the New York Tri-State Area, offering high-speed network connections and low-latency interconnectivity with major carriers and cloud service providers. This ensures seamless data exchange and supports the adoption of emerging healthcare technologies.
- Increased Data Security: With advanced security measures such as encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and access controls, Hudson IX’s interconnected data center prioritizes protecting sensitive patient information and ensures compliance with stringent data protection regulations.
- Scalability and Flexibility: The healthcare industry generates massive amounts of data daily, necessitating a secure and scalable environment for its storage and management. Hudson IX’s 60 Hudson Street facility, equipped with state-of-the-art security measures and technologies, offers precisely that. The facility’s scalability allows healthcare organizations to adapt to changing data demands and effectively manage critical information.
- Enabling Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Uninterrupted access to systems and data is crucial for healthcare providers, even during disasters or outages. Hudson IX’s 60 Hudson Street facility provides disaster recovery and business continuity solutions, including backup and replication services. These solutions ensure the continuity of critical operations and safeguard patient data, regardless of external challenges.
- Cost Efficiency: Maintaining an on-premises data center infrastructure can be capital-intensive, requiring ongoing maintenance and upgrades. By leveraging Hudson IX’s interconnected data center, healthcare organizations can reduce their infrastructure costs, allowing them to allocate resources more efficiently and focus on core healthcare activities.
- Supporting AI and Big Data Analytics: The healthcare industry increasingly relies on artificial intelligence (AI) and big data analytics to enhance patient outcomes, streamline operations, and reduce costs. Hudson IX’s 60 Hudson Street facility offers high-performance computing resources and cloud-based platforms, enabling healthcare providers to run complex algorithms and analyze large datasets in real-time.
As the New York healthcare industry embraces digital transformation, data centers like Hudson IX’s 60 Hudson Street facility emerge as an indispensable partner. With its secure, reliable, and connected solutions, Hudson IX empowers healthcare organizations to navigate the challenges of data breaches, scalability, data security and business continuity.